This handbook provides information you need as a candidate in the 2023 General Election. You’ll find out how to become a candidate, the rules for advertising, campaigning and expenses, donations and loans, and what you need to do after the election.
The candidate handbook explains:
- key dates and steps for candidates
- what’s new at this election
- how to become an electorate or list candidate
- the rules for advertising and campaigning
- donation and loans
- results, returns and recounts
Information about becoming a candidate is also available in several alternate formats, including NZ Sign Language, Braille, Easy Read, audio and Large Print.
Information about becoming a candidate in alternative formats