Communications & Education Advisor
The Electoral Commission is an independent Crown entity that is responsible for conducting New Zealand's Parliamentary elections, by-elections and referendums. They work to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of taking part in the electoral system and encourage all New Zealanders to participate.
About the role
The Communications and Education Advisor will play a dynamic and diverse role across the communications and engagement function. Working as part of a collaborative team you will be responsible for consulting with internal business stakeholders to provide effective advice on how communications can support their overarching objectives and driving this through to implementation. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to work with an already established and high-performing communications team while providing support and direction to better improve engagement and communications across the organisation.
- Provide tailored, strategic communications advice to senior internal clients.
- Communications planning and delivery to support BAU and key internal change initiatives.
- Producing content for internal audiences across a range of online and offline channels - intranet, newsletters and publications.
- Manage the Commission's intranet, including loading of content and policies and ensure information remains timely and correct.
- Consult with the business to provide proactive communications support and advice on reputational risks and issues and best practice communications
- Your communications capability will be second to none. You will be an excellent writer with the ability to tailor your writing style for different audiences and channels.
- Demonstrated experience working in a business partnering or centralised communications service model.
- Min 3 years' experience with proven communications planning and hands on implementation, preferably within a public sector organisation
- Experience working with Content Management Systems
- Adobe design experience is desirable
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder engagement skills as you will be working across the business and up to CEO level.
Career opportunities / Selling points
If you want to join an amazing, supportive and passionate team who measures their success collectively, then we would love to hear from you!
You can apply for this role via SEEK: Communications & Education Advisor
For more information about this role, contact Jing Li at Robert Walters on 04 471 9720.