Cyber Security Analyst
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
An opportunity for a knowledgeable, hands-on Cyber Security Analyst to become a key member in the IT team within the Electoral Commission.
The purpose of this role is to maintain the integrity of the Electoral Commission platforms and processes against malicious or inadvertent compromise.
This role requires a candidate with; a technical background, an interest in problem solving, an affinity for challenges, and a drive for on-going professional development.
- Identify and analyse risks, gather requirements, design, and implement security controls
- Monitor platforms and events
- Resolve and track security incidents
- Advise on security matters to projects
- Technical design review of new solutions
- Help to create new training and educational material for staff
- Build strong relationships across the Commission
This is a hands-on technical role working in 24 hour/ 7 days a week environment. The role includes an on-call roster.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Qualified in, or prepared to work towards a security specific qualification such as SABSA, CISSP, CISA or CISM
- Understanding of solution architecture and ICT security policies and standards
- Experience as a systems administrator or security analyst
- Understanding of risk management practices
Why join the Electoral Commission?
The Commission has an inclusive strength-focused culture where diversity and inclusion are encouraged and valued. We understand how important family is and support a family-friendly work environment. You will be part of a team who are here to promote participation and understanding and is passionate about making people's voices heard.
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections. We are an independent Crown Entity who works with and through communities to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of participation, make it easy for them to enrol and vote, promote understanding of New Zealand's democratic processes, and deliver parliamentary elections and referenda.
To find out more and to apply for this role please click here.
For further information, please email email@example.com.
Applications close at 5pm Tuesday the 27th of September.