Registrar of Electors - Hamilton
The Commission has a vacancy and is seeking the right person to join our national team of Registrars of Electors. This role is not only constitutionally important but exciting and satisfying. Your people leadership and general management skills and operational experience will be essential in leading a small team of dedicated professionals.
- Compile and maintain an accurate electoral roll for the nominated electorate(s) in a way which is consistent with legislation and national processes;
- Encourage and inspire eligible electors to participate in elections;
- Develop and foster relationships with key community partners and stakeholders, working with them to develop and implement local plans that support the Commission’s national objectives;
- Achieve national objectives through working with other Commission staff;
- Implement nationally designed enrolment processes and systems that work seamlessly with voting processes to achieve the best possible electoral administration outcomes nationwide.
This is a permanent full time opportunity.
The nature of the work requires our Registrars to work flexible hours, including weekend work during busy periods, as required. Travel within a number of designated electorates will be required to undertake engagement with communities and participation activities, create working partnerships, and to fulfil public speaking engagements. Travel outside the region will also be required from time to time.
The successful applicant will have strong people leadership skills, be customer focused, have established (or have the capability to establish) networks in local communities including Maori, Pacific, Youth and CALD, confident communication skills, be well organised and an excellent team player.
This is a unique opportunity for a person with a reputation for being highly effective and collaborative. Ideally you will come from an operational environment, have experience in the Government sector and with community engagement, and be familiar with operating within legislative guidelines. Impartiality and integrity are essential.
All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand. Appointees will be subject to a security check.
Why join the Electoral Commission
The Commission is building an inclusive strength focussed culture where diversity is encouraged and valued. We understand how important family is; therefore, we support a family-friendly atmosphere. You will join a team who are here for the right reasons, and we are passionate about what we do.
Applications close at 5pm Friday, 7 February 2020.