Senior Advisor Communications & Education
The Electoral Commission is an independent Crown entity that is responsible for conducting New Zealand's Parliamentary elections, by-elections and referendums. They work to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of taking part in the electoral system and encourage each and every one of us to participate.
About the role
This will be a busy and varied role and a unique opportunity to work on the health of New Zealand's democracy. Reporting to the Manager Communications and Education, the Senior Advisor Communications and Education will be responsible for a range of project and BAU communications that includes stakeholder relations, campaign management, resources and publications, and providing media and social media support.
You will be involved in producing engaging communications to raise awareness and engagement on meaningful campaigns. Your writing will be second to none to with an ability to write for different audiences to help make enrolling and voting easy and relevant to their lives.
- Supporting the Electoral Commission's communications activities including content production, campaign planning, implementation and reporting.
- Producing and coordinating a various range of publications including sourcing content, writing copy, editing and proof-reading.
- Providing proactive communications advice and support to different areas of the business and leadership team.
- Fostering strong stakeholder relationships to both internal and external partnerships and providers.
- Working closely and collaborating with the relevant project teams.
- Your communications skills will be second to none. You will be an excellent writer with the ability to tailor your writing style for different audiences and channels.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to build and maintain new and existing relationships
- 3 - 5 years experience working within a similar communications or marketing position.
- An understanding of how to track the success and impact of your communications activity.
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and work to deadlines.
Career opportunities / Selling points
This is a great opportunity for an experienced advisor who is hungry to have more accountability and influence in their next role. You will be rewarded with mentoring and support from a passionate and collaborative organisation that love what they do while working in a friendly and supportive environment.
You can apply for this role via SEEK: Senior Advisor Communications & Education
For more information about this role, contact Jing Li at Robert Walters on 04 471 9720.