Media & news Te hunga pāpāho me ngā rongo kōrero

Back to all media & news

Did you get your Voting Papers for the Referendum?

Nov 29, 2013 | Media release

Voting papers for the Citizens Initiated Referendum have now been posted to voters, and replacement voting papers are available for eligible voters who need them.

“If you are on the electoral roll and have not received your voting papers, or if you spoilt, destroyed or lost them you can request replacement papers,” says Robert Peden, Chief Electoral Officer.

“You can request replacement papers at For more information about replacement papers, please call 0800 36 76 56 (from within New Zealand) or +64 9 909 4182 (from overseas),” says Mr Peden.

Only people enrolled on the electoral roll by 21 November 2013 are eligible to vote in the referendum. If you were not enrolled by that date, the Electoral Commission can’t issue you a voting paper.

Voting closes on December 13, and voters should post their voting papers back no later than Thursday December 12 for them to arrive in time.

More information about voting in the citizens initiated referendum is available at 0800 36 76 56 and at

Back to top