A by-election was held in Tauranga on Saturday 18 June 2022 to elect a new local member of Parliament (MP).
You could vote in the by-election from 4 June if you were enrolled in the Tauranga general electorate.
Overseas voting started on Wednesday 1 June and advance voting started on Saturday 4 June.
Tauranga by-election timetable
You are eligible to enrol and vote if you:
- have lived in the Tauranga electorate for more than one month (find your electorate on a map)
- are 18 years of age or older, and
- have lived in New Zealand for more than one year continuously at some time in your life, and
- are a New Zealand citizen, or
- are a New Zealand permanent resident.
Everyone who was enrolled by 11 May was sent an EasyVote information pack in the mail. The pack included your personal EasyVote card and all the information you need to vote.
Anyone who enrolled after this date could still vote, but didn't get an EasyVote card. You could enrol right up to and on election day.
You can enrol or update your details online using your New Zealand driver licence, New Zealand passport or RealMe verified identity. Or you can call 0800 36 76 56 and ask for an enrolment form to be sent to you in the mail.